N7 Day 2017 - The Thank You Mass Effect Campaign Oct 23, 2017 17:46:04 GMT Oni Ackerman, MPApr2012, and 39 more like this
Post by Solas on Oct 23, 2017 17:46:04 GMT
Yo Posting this a bit before N7 Day itself to give people time to see it. no idea if this will work or not but hey ho
Calling all Mass Effect fans! It’s nearly that time of year again.
N7 Day 2017 is almost upon us. In 2012 BioWare dubbed November 7th N7 Day, intending it as a global unofficial holiday when they would come together with fans. N7 Day is a celebration of the Mass Effect universe and the franchise’s community.
This year, Mass Effect: Andromeda was released. Unfortunately, it wasn’t as well-received as people had hoped. Consequently, when it comes to the future of the franchise, we as fans find ourselves in a strange sort of limbo.
However! Despite the circumstances, we still want to celebrate all things Mass Effect on this N7 Day. Therefore, after some discussion, we decided to try and create a cross-platform celebration campaign – the “Thank You Mass Effect” campaign. It's a collaborative effort between Deb (@omegastation), myself and SantaJockey . The goal is simple: to celebrate Mass Effect and express our thanks for the good times we had with it. The campaign covers the whole franchise, including the games, books and comics. All are welcome to take part, and you can participate on as many or as few platforms as you like. We’d love for as many people as possible to see the message on N7 Day. Maybe we can even get it trending!
So how can you join in?
The following platforms are involved:
• Twitter – hashtag #thankyoumasseffect. You can tweet the hashtag as-is, or add in what you’re thankful for, e.g. “#thankyoumasseffect for giving us Commander Shepard”. You can make it a general tweet, or tweet at specific accounts, for example @masseffect, @bioware, devs and voice actors. There are lists of some relevant Twitter accounts that you might find useful here (under Social Media Links) and here. Retweets of 'signalboost' tweets like this and this are appreciated
• Tumblr – post anything you’d like to share, from fanfiction to gifs and edits, to the tag #thankyoumasseffect. Signalboosts of the Tumblr version of this post are very welcome
• BioWare Social Network – This right here is the partnered discussion thread for N7 Day and our theme! What do you love about the franchise? What are some of your favorite moments from the games?
• Instagram – post anything you’d like to share, such as fanart you did, to the tag #thankyoumasseffect. (Please don’t repost other peoples’ art without credit and permission!) BioWare can be found at @biowarebase
• Reddit - Equivalent post located here
((A note on use of the campaign’s message: if you do tweet at or otherwise engage with BioWare devs or voice actors as part of #thankyoumasseffect, please remain polite and respectful. We’re just trying to show our appreciation, and harassment of individuals isn't nice. People have all different kinds of feelings about the games and universe; this campaign is meant to be positive. Thanks!))
What’s the point of the “Thankyou Mass Effect” campaign? What can we hope for as fans? There isn’t going to be any Andromeda DLC, and it’s up in the air whether or not there will be another Mass Effect game in the future. At the moment there isn’t a way to know for sure. Where does that leave us? We just think that this N7 Day is a good time to send the message that there are still a lot of passionate Mass Effect fans out there, who care a lot about the franchise and its future. So #ThankyouMassEffect! Let’s show our appreciation. Happy N7 Day!