Mass Effect/Bioware isnt in that much trouble. May 31, 2019 2:34:05 GMT via mobile smilesja likes this
Post by griffith82 on May 31, 2019 2:34:05 GMT
quole smilesja Basquemercat117 griffith82 About the discussion we had in November: I asked a group of commited Witcher fans about what major things from Sapkowski's prose the Witcher games deleted or radically changed. So:
– the fake Ciri
things radically changed:
– the Wild Hunt had huge problems moving between worlds, something hinted on in W1 but totally abandoned in W3
– Kaer Morhen was hidden and no one knew where it is (!)
– Eredin did never plan to kill Auberon
– the White Frost was not some mysthical force but an ice age caused by planet orbits changing...
– ...and Ciri wasn't needed by Aen Elle to stop it (it was unstoppable, according to Avallac'h) but to open doors between worlds
– timeline got wrong
– vampirees worked completely different
characters significantly changed:
– Dandelion (something about losing a big part of his appeal)
– Geralt (his character changed much plus he hated having a beard and hat a slashed ear)
– Triss (she had burned tits)
– Demawend (he was not a weak ruler)
– Yennefer (she wasn't a bitch)
...plus many minor changes. I did not read the books but from what I recognize, some of the above are HUGE divergences from the original and there's a concensus among the commited fans that the games established their own, separate continuity and the books always precede them in lore discussions. Sapkowski himself is more angry at CDPR as Martin is at HBO now, though he has additional reasons.
If CDPR is to make a new Mass Effect game should Bioware fall, it is needed to be made sure that they do not do what they did with Witcher.
btw. the comment I liked most:
Plus Regis, and so his vampiree friend, regenerate lightning fast, even if someone makes them a hole in the chest or cuts them in half. 20 seconds max and it's done. This change is even more absurd because REDs did say in Regis' description the journal about his 50-year regeneration after an adventure with peasants xD Another stupid change (spurring probably from REDs' ignorance/mistake) is making Regis a post-conjunction maroon while he was born hundreds of years after it, he said himself in the book that he's a descendant of maroons. There are also another changes, like those elders, the vampiree codex (an idea like from TVP's series oh Melitele) and making high vampirees such OP entities that they could be called gods aswell. Wonder why humanity still exists in the games' worldsic because if some vamp wanted to exterminate all the humans, he would not have big problems apparently xD
Meh Witcher 3 is still a great game regardless. I know things were changed but it's still a very loved game. As for if they did ME they change even 1 thing people will be up in arms but it likely would happen if any studio took it. They'd make it their own.