Dragon Age 4 Multiplayer long ramboing Do's and Don'ts.... Apr 30, 2019 2:46:44 GMT DragonKingReborn, Silversmurf, and 4 more like this
Post by Beerfish of Clan Kale on Apr 30, 2019 2:46:44 GMT
I'll save most of you a lot of time and effort. Just type TL;DR!!! in large friendly font and just give me a like.
This will be a long, rambling, point form, all over the place, semi incoherent post regarding some do's and don'ts for DA4 multiplayer. And since the mp world revolves around me and all other opinions are secondary I felt BioWARe might like my advice.
- No force starting abilities. No my necromancer should not HAVE to start with fear and wintersgrasp. Clean slate. Player picks stating abilities.
- Be careful with your 'nuisance enemies' . Nuisance enemies should not become priority enemies because they are over powered. (Examples would be mp3 abominations, geth bombers, dogs in dragon age mp.) The idea of having an enemy to for instance flush out the player from cover is fine but once they always become priority one you are doing it wrong.
- More maps or at least randomized maps (like DAIMP). MEA just got old far too quick with limited maps. Also proper hazard maps, me3mp did it right here.
- ME3mp style dlcs. The great success for that game and the reason I spent some money on it was due to the excellent quality dlcs. I am not the type to spend money because i want a gun or a new outfit. I may spend money if you have given me three nice dlcs. (This includes the uber awesome ME3mp trailers...do those again.)
- No recycled weapon versions the MEA the coloured versions of existing weapons sucked badly. Then you do the same thing in Anthem (not colours but powers) DAIMP did this right with all unique weapons. Do that again.
- Make good, large easy to use banners. ME3mp once again was the best for this. DAIMP was decent as well.
- FIGURE OUT SOME NEW OBJECTIVES. I mean they are still using a hack circle type of thing in anthem. The DAIMP objectives were decent.
- Here is one that people will freak out over. Do the same thing you did in DAIMP for DA4mp. More promotions = an increase in power. I'm still playing DAIMP and I like being pretty strong even on harder levels. If a person wants to play their face off to become god mode. Let them.
- Take the personalities of mp characters one step further from DAIMP. The variety of personalities were and still are great. DAIMP almost did it totally right. They had the mp characters at skyhold but they just stood around and did nothing. If they would have added proper banter and or more back story it would have been great.
- Be careful about how you affect the players tactics. MEAmp and Anthem for me made using sniper rifles not fun most of the time. If you have too much mob swarming then certain guns get put away 90% of the time. I will say that DAIMP did this correct for the most part. All weapons and play styles are viable and fairly fun.
- Levelling pace, me3mp and daimp were decent, level not too fast and not too slow. The Anthem bit was a joke going too fast and levelling up gave you...uh nothing really.
- Find a way to keep exp and items if you are disconnected. They have made improvements in this regard with Anthem and maimp. (I just had a daimp match where i got disconnected after killing the final boss but not the last enemy, result. You get nothing.)
- multi platform matchmaking. The last few games developers have said 'we are looking into this and would like to (blah blah blah, arrow to the face) We as a community need to play with each other on all platforms.
- pvp arena, yeah i am going there. Do not make it a core of mp but if you had an area similar to the players gathering place in anthem it would be a fun little addition. not core just a little add on.
- Anthem made huge improvements in character customization. This they did right, many different materials and looks and colors.
- perhaps attach bonuses to objectives. Complete the kill 1,000 enemies with a long sword? You now get plus 5% Long sword damage.
- bring back proper scoreboards! Me3mp once again was the best in this regard. With each successive game scoreboards got worse, now only top 100, now none at all. Nonsense! If I am 10,359 in Canada on xbox i want to know it.
- Include a brilliant rare level such as the Druffy commander level of daimp. Perfectly done, you get it very rarely but when you do it is a treat and a new challenge.
- No immunities for enemies! Damage reduction? Sure but no total immunities it can make some classes not useful.
- Do not make one level to be much more advantages than the others. This was a mistake in Daimp, making the fereldan castle dragon levels more important to get the best items and after that they gave out more exp than others. The result? Join a game and it is the fereldan castle, boring.
- Do not adjust enemies difficulty with simple cheap tactics. For daimp having missile enemies back up out off range uber fast when they are almost dead was cheap and unrealistic. Melee units would suddenly be able to block a a bunch of attacks only when they were down to like 1 hit point. Hilariously having some abilities that give you a big bonus to knocked down enemies and suddenly you can't hit knocked down enemies. Qunari spear chuckers blocking 100 attacks in a row....with their spears. By all means add difficulty but be more creative than cheap.
- Do not go for cheap tactics to penalize solo play like was done in daimp. (Some tougher enemies more prevalent, almost always having a boss animal in the 1st area etc.)
That's about it and remember. IT IS ALL ABOUT BEERFISH'S ENJOYMENT OF MULTIPLAYER!!!