Post by SofaJockey on Jan 25, 2019 12:37:54 GMT
Patch 1.5 - October
◾The Cataclysm is back with updates for the Season of Skulls.
◾The higher your score, the more seasonal currency you’ll be awarded to spend at the seasonal store.
◾New Season of Skulls Freeplay events. Successfully finish three of these events in one Freeplay session to spawn a boss encounter.
◾Learn more about Season of Skulls lore through a scavenger hunt and new data archives.
◾Mass Salvage is now available on all inventory management screens.
◾The Legendary drop rate of war chests has increased 250%
◾A Legendary-Only War Chest has been added to the Seasonal Store
◾All challenges that awarded major crystals now reward 500 minor crystals instead.
◾Turrets will no longer respawn once destroyed in Sea of Takaro and Castle Kelrik.
◾Teleporters are now immediately re-usable after teleporting.
General Bug Fixes & Improvements:
◾Fixed various crashes for stabilization.
◾Auto-loot now works for all high-rarity loot drops in a game session.
◾When flying into obstacles, javelins now automatically go into hover mode instead of crashing to the ground
◾“Daily: Repair” no longer auto-completes when a player returns to Fort Tarsis.
◾Fixed an issue in which the Expedition Tracked menu could display incorrect difficulty level.
◾Updates to inscription tooltips for Combo Damage bonus clarify which javelin a bonus applies to:
◾Colossus Combo damage bonus is now “Combo Blast Dmg”
◾Ranger is “Combo Imp Dmg”
◾Storm is “Combo Chains”
◾Interceptor is “Combo Aura Eff”.
◾Fixed an issue where the Acid Status Effect would not increase damage taken from the “acid” damage type
◾Aim assist has been adjusted so that it doesn’t “pop” onto enemies as easily
◾Updated multiple weapon and gear piece descriptions to read “armor” instead of “suit health”.
◾The Badge of Devastation component no longer shares an icon with Emergency Power.
◾Defender/Elemental Rage/Pyrrhic Victory Base Damage 16->24.1
◾Hammerhead/Ralner’s Blaze Base Damage 24.1->34
◾The fire status effect applied by Ralner’s Blaze is now correctly affected by damage inscriptions.
Light Machine Guns
◾Relentless Base Damage 18.9->26.4 ◾Artinia’s Gambit Base Damage 37.8->52.8
◾Havoc Base Damage 14.8->22.5 ◾Renewed Courage Base Damage 23.7->35.9
◾Sledgehammer Base Damage 28.5->43.1 ◾Cycle of Pain Base Damage 41.3->62.6
◾Scout/Thunderbolt of Yvinia Base Damage 36.5->39.7
◾Anvil Base Damage 60.8->70.2 ◾Soothing Touch Base Damage 103.4->119
◾Torrent/Endless Siege Base Damage 26.4->27.6
◾Cloudburst/Fist of Strahl Base Damage 19.7->20.4
◾Mauler/The Last Stand Base Damage 18.6->19.6
◾Fixed issue preventing Autocannon damage types from displaying as intended. The Anti-Armor damage type is now shown correctly.
◾Fulcrum/Unending Battle Base Damage 8.9->12
◾Trajector/Retaliation of Garretus Base Damage 14.3->26.3
◾Hailstorm Base Damage 6.9->10.8 ◾Vassa’s Surprise Base Damage 15->21.6
◾Barrage/Close Encounter Base Damage 18.1->26.5
◾Resolution/Glorious Result Base Damage 47.9->48.4
◾Scattershot/Papa Pump Base Damage 16.6-20.8
◾Constrictor/Radiant Fortress Base Damage 17.7->18.1
◾Vengeance/Rolling Carnage Base Damage 12.9->24.1
◾Fixed issue preventing Grenade Launcher damage types from displaying as intended; Anti-Armor damage type is now shown correctly.
◾Deadeye/Wyvern Blitz Base Damage 240->246
◾Fixed an issue that prevented the damage type from working as intended; now correctly displays and functions as Physical damage.
◾Fixed an issue that prevented the damage type from working as intended; now correctly displays and functions as Anti-Shield damage.
◾Devastator/Truth of Tarsis
◾Fixed an issue that prevented the damage type from working as intended; now correctly displays and functions as Anti-Armor damage.
◾Fixed an issue that prevented the damage type from working as intended; now correctly displays and functions as Physical damage.
◾Fixed an issue that prevented the damage type from working as intended; now correctly displays and functions as Physical damage.
◾Fixed issue preventing Blade Slinger damage types from working as intended; all now correctly display and function as Physical damage.
◾The Electric status effect applied by Jarra’s Wrath is now correctly affected by damage inscriptions.
Ranger Gear Updates:
◾Venom Darts/Tactical Onslaught Now displays the correct number of status effect stacks
◾Inferno Grenade/Explosive Blaze Status effect stacks increased to 100
◾Frost Grenade/Cold Blooded Status effect stacks increased to 100
◾The Gambit Masterwork/legendary effect (orange text on the item description) is now correctly affected by gear damage inscriptions.
◾Ember’s Lance Masterwork/legendary effect (orange text on the item description) is now correctly affected by gear damage inscriptions.
◾Relentless Pursuit Increased damage by 50%
◾Vanguard’s Rampart masterwork/legendary effect (orange text on item description) no longer reapplied each time a player enters the bubble.
Colossus Gear Updates:
◾Firewall Mortar Status effect stacks increased to 100
◾Rubidium Furnace Status effect stacks increased to 100 and Damage is now correctly affected by local gear damage inscriptions.
◾Venom Storm Status effect stacks increased to 100
◾Lightning Coil/Vassa’s Arc Status effect stacks increased to 100
◾Fixed an issue that prevented its damage type from working as intended. Now correctly displays and functions as Electric damage.
◾Shock Coil/Voltaic Dome Fixed issue preventing damage type from working as intended. Now correctly displays/functions as Electric damage.
◾Titan’s Hail Masterwork/legendary effect (orange text on the item description) is now correctly affected by gear damage inscriptions.
Storm Gear Updates:
◾Shock Burst/Seal of the Open Mind Status effect stacks increased to 100
◾Icestorm/Winter’s Wrath Status effect stacks increased to 100
◾Binary Star Fixed an issue that prevented the damage type from working as intended; now correctly displays and functions as Fire damage.
Interceptor Gear Updates:
◾Interceptor Combo Aura
◾Interceptors now deal the correct amount of combo damage based on enemy material (shield, armor or flesh) if target is primed by Electricity.
◾Venom Bomb & Serpent’s Veil Status effect stacks increased to 100
◾Tesilar Trap Status effect stacks increased to 100
◾Cryo Glaive & Absolute Zero Status effect stacks increased to 100
◾Fixed an issue that prevented the damage type from working as intended; now correctly displays and functions as Ice damage.
◾Detonating Strike Fixed issue preventing damage type from working as intended; now correctly displays and functions as Electric damage.
◾Cariff’s Talon Damage is now correctly affected by local gear damage inscriptions.
◾Fixed an issue that prevented the damage type from working as intended; now correctly displays and functions as Electric damage.
◾Tempest Strike Fixed issue preventing damage type from working as intended; now correctly displays and functions as Physical damage.
◾Sudden Death Masterwork/legendary effect (orange text on the item description) is now correctly affected by gear damage inscriptions.
◾Fixed an issue that prevented the damage type from working as intended; now correctly displays and functions as Physical damage.
◾Wraith Strike, Shadow Claw and Spectre’s Flash
◾Fixed an issue that prevented the damage type from working as intended; now correctly displays and functions as Physical damage.
Interceptor Melee Updates:
◾Venomous Blades/Twin Blades
◾Smalls hits went from 38->50 base damage
◾Big hits went from 105->100 base damage
◾Small hits went from 38->75 base damage
◾Big hits went from 105->150 base damage
◾Masterwork property - Used to deal 60 damage per hit on targets below 50%. Now doubles melee hit damage on targets below 50%.
◾Blades of Warding
◾Small hits went from 38->87.5 base damage
◾Big hits went from 105->175 base damage
◾Small hits went from 55->75 base damage
Storm Melee Updates:
◾Searing Blast Fixed an issue that prevented the damage type from working as intended; now correctly displays and functions as Fire damage.
Patch 1.4 - September 5th
Official Anthem Update 1.4.0 Patch Notes (on PC, 9.28GB):
UI, Cortex, Quality of Life & Cosmetics
◾We’ve increasing Vault limit to 350 items. Enjoy the extra space!
◾Because of the increase in inventory size to 350, the Vault’s junk tab is now limited to 200 items. The current item count out of 200 on the junk tab is displayed near the inventory count in the lower-left corner of the Vault. Once the junk tab is full, no items can be junked until others are marked to keep or salvage.
◾Fixed an issue causing the player to be warned of hitting the Vault space limit too soon.
◾Fixed an issue allowing players to craft items when Vault space is full.
◾Fixed an issue that prevented some players from making purchases in the seasonal or featured stores.
◾Corrected challenges that were incorrectly named menus. (New Dawn, Dark Passage & Hope Shattered)
◾The challenge “Weekly: Darkness Falls” now appears correctly in the Path To Glory > Weekly challenge category.
◾The Vault now works correctly when players open melee, then switch to Components in the menu.
◾Reduced the target number required to complete “Daily: Note Taker” and “Weekly: Storm Chaser” challenges. (Fewer notes are needed to complete these challenges now.)
◾Fixed a bug where repeatedly selecting B/Circle while in weapon selection could cause the camera to get stuck.
◾Updated Forge vinyl filter titles from Small/Medium/Large to Decal/Graphic/Wrap.
◾Icons for the Shield Sigil were updated to now match the crafting recipe icons.
◾The storefront icon for the vinyl wrap “Maker of Rain” was lightened.
◾Added timer to seasonal store to show when items will change.
◾Text no longer overlaps with other UI elements in the Masterwork support gear blueprints.
◾The Challenge “Weekly: Darkness Falls” now has a more accurate description.
◾The Challenge “Weekly: Storm Chaser” now has a description.
◾Fixed an issue where the Cortex did not always appear when switching between categories.
◾Updated descriptions for the following challenges:
◾Survival: Made of Brass
◾Survival: Made of Iron
◾Survival: Made of Steel
◾Score: On Target
◾Score: Target Locked
◾Score: Target Eliminated
◾Shifted the position of the Freelancer enclave leaderboard away from a door.
◾Clarified the UI text for each Grandmaster difficulty level regarding recommended power levels for activities.
◾“Friend Bonus” text changed to “Guild Bonus” where applicable.
◾Guild invites can no longer be sent to players on different gaming platforms.
◾Quickplay is no longer permanently selected on the Start of Expedition screen.
◾Freeplay challenges are now sorted into a “Completed” category in the Cortex when finished.
◾A Primer/Detonator icon was added to the animation shown after crafting an item in the Forge.
◾Updated the icon for the “Victor’s Resolve” component to better reflect its functionality.
◾All references to the challenge “Complete all Mission Challenges” was renamed were updated to “Defender of Tarsis.”
◾Expedition difficulty information was added to the expedition “Tracked” menu.
◾HUD opacity settings now apply to the player HUD in Fort Tarsis.
◾Materials sold by the crafting store vendor now specify how many of each material can be purchased.
◾Salvaging animation latency in the Vault and Forge was reduced.
◾Various quality of life improvements were made to minor user interface instructions and HUD elements.
◾Various fixes and visual improvements were made to various armor packs, wraps and decals.
◾Various UI fixes were made.
◾Various Cortex and journal entry text and image fixes and improvements were made.
◾Fixed an issue that caused the Colossus shield to take no damage from projectiles.
◾Loot drops were removed from the first Ursix encounter in the “What Harken Wants” mission to prevent an exploit.
◾Fixed an issue that could cause enemies to spawn behind walls in the “Temple of Scar” mission.
◾An unintended fog wall was removed from a doorway in the “Temple of Scar” mission.
◾The large door in the room before the second chest in the “Temple of Scar” mission no longer becomes invisible when the party is defeated.
◾Fixed an issue where the Sticky Grenade/The Gambit and Aftershock/Sentinel’s Vengeance would detonate immediately when attaching to an enemy’s weak point.
◾Adjusted a teleport pad position to prevent a player spawning partially under the terrain.
◾Corrected the location of the echo pool that summons the optional boss during the “Sea of Takaro” event.
◾Increased the force field size in the “Casja’s Forge” event to prevent players from squeezing through without dropping the relic shard while the forcefield is active.
◾Fixed an issue preventing Eternal Squall (with multiple charges) from both priming and detonating to trigger a combo.
◾Moved the boss in the Sentinel Ambush Scar encounter to spawn from a portal instead of a bunker.
◾Implemented a change that un-spawns/removes any additional enemies Vara has spawned once she is defeated.
◾Interceptor cluster mine now explodes properly when colliding with a Titan.
◾Fixed a bug that caused some players to get trapped under the Forge in rare instances.
◾Fixed a bug that caused the loot from Scelos’ defeat to be trapped inside her force field.
◾Players will now get a party gather warning when standing near the door of the “Temple of Scar” boss arena.
◾Party gather messages no longer appear at the edges of the “Temple of Scar” boss arena.
◾Players can now use matchmaking to join in-progress trials in the “Fortress of Dawn” mission.
◾The Colossus shield bar no longer disappears when the player tries to open the shield immediately after the bar has fully recharged.
◾Interceptor and Ranger support pieces no longer drop with combo bonuses that are only apply to specific gear pieces. (Example: Combo Aura Effect % on a Target Beacon)
◾Fixed an issue where health and ammo were not spawning correctly in some instances.
◾Fixed an issue that caused the elemental icons on a Storm’s ultimate to be off by one when a player repeatedly pressed the right trigger button.
◾Fixed geometry at a number of locations to prevent Freelancers from going out of bounds.
◾Various fixes and improvements to Cataclysm content update.
◾Various fixes and improvements to non-Cataclysm base game content.
Story, Cinematics & Audio
◾Added the ability to skip cinematics if everyone in the squad agrees. Hold the appropriate button to vote to skip the cinematic scene. (B on Xbox One, Circle on PS4, Esc on PC).
◾Fixed a rare crash in audio loading code.
◾Corrected the lighting of the cinematic scene that occurs after Vara is defeated.
◾Fixed a bug that prevented the proper music from loading during Vara/Harken cinematic scenes in Cataclysm content.
◾Corrected various music cues during some contract missions.
◾Interactable content in Brin’s role-playing episodes is no longer gated by ambient radio recordings; these ambient episodes now occur at the end of the role-playing arc.
◾Fixed an issue that caused Owen to disappear from a cutscene on rare occasion.
◾Various fixes and improvements to audio issues.
Other General Bug Fixes & Improvements
◾Fixed an issue that caused an Infinite Load when loading in the Cataclysm if graphics settings were set to “Low”.
◾Fixed an issue causing some players to get stuck at the “End of Expedition” screen after exiting the “Start of Expedition” screen.
◾Fixed an occasional crash that occurred when changing weapons/gear caused an “Old item not loaded” error message.
◾Fixed a bug that stretched game display elements when playing the game on ultrawide monitors (21:9 ratio).
◾Visual effects improved to better balanced nighttime visual environment and performance optimization.
◾Fixed an issue with the Sniper laser being green at night, and the beam lighting being too intense.
◾Various art fixes.
◾Fixed an issue that caused players to be stuck at “Recording Victory” after ending Quickplay.
Patch 1.3 - August 6th
Cataclysm - Battle Vara Brom and her forces in a dangerous new game mode that evolves over time. Teamwork is heavily encouraged as you battle against the dangerous environment and time itself, unlock secrets, and master the Cataclysm to earn all new rewards and rank up the leaderboard. The Cataclysm is available on the Start of Expedition screen for all players who have completed the “Incursion” mission.
Inversions - Sets of gameplay modifiers that impact how you face the challenges of the Cataclysm.
Leaderboards - Finishing content in the Cataclysm mode adds to your score. Your score is updated to the leaderboard at the end of your run.
Seasonal Currency - Complete challenges and content to earn Minor and Major Crystals. Spend that currency on the rewards in the Seasonal Store.
Seasonal Store - A new store that features time-limited rewards for purchase with the seasonal currency.
Alliance System Changes - The Alliance System now includes Guild members in addition to Friends when calculating Social Rewards. (You’ll be able to create, join and chat with guild members in a new guild mobile app.)
Inversions - With patch 1.3.0 we’ve introduced a new system called Inversions, which changes the way your Javelin interacts with the environment to various degrees. Some Inversions will hinder you, some will help. Ultimately, they should fundamentally change your experience within the Cataclysm and encourage some diversification to your playstyle. Here is a full list of the Inversions you can expect (two inversions will be active each week during the duration of the Cataclysm event):
Ultimate meter from kills is increased.
Gear recharge rate is increased.
Close-range kills chain lightning to nearby enemies.
Shotguns and Machine Pistols deal increased damage.
Snipers and Marksman Rifles deal increased damage.
Ammo pickups grant brief immunity to damage.
On the Edge
At low armor, damage dealt increases.
Killing an enemy restores a small amount of shields.
From the Skies
Heat build-up while hovering is decreased.
Defeating an enemy while hovering grants increased damage while on the ground for a short time; stacks up to 5 times.
Weapons have no spare ammo, but enemies drop ammo more often.
Running on Empty
Firing the last shot in a weapon's clip increases all damage for a short time.
Luck has been removed from all items and replaced with bonus armor. As a result, drop rates from Easy through Grandmaster 1 difficulty modes will be as if they had previously equipped maximum Luck before the update. Legendary and Masterwork drop rates in Grandmaster 2 and Grandmaster 3 difficulties have increased for all players, including those who equipped maximum Luck previously.
Legendary Contract Chest Change
Stronghold Chests have been added to the end of each Legendary Contract.
Update 1.3.0 and the Cataclysm introduces us to some new powerful sources of energy for creatures in the world, gear, and of course weapons. As part of the Cataclysm we wanted to amp up our in-game weapons and add some unique spin to their behaviors and gameplay mechanics - With that in mind, we’ve introduced three new classes of weapons with three new Masterwork/Legendary only variants:
Pulse Accelerators use seal technology to generate destructive energy.
“Bad Omen” - Charges to fire a burst of energy projectiles.
“Rain Maker” - Fires an energy burst that explodes into smaller projectiles.
“Grave Digger” - Fires an increasingly powerful stream of energy.
Volt Casters use seal technology to focus ambient electricity
“Jarra’s Wrath” - Blasts a short-range lightning arc.
“Lightning Rod” - Calls down lightning on a specific location.
“Flashfire” - Fires a lightning attack that jumps from enemy to enemy.
Blade Slingers charge a circular projectile with dynamic force.
“Razorwing” - Launches a heavy blade that bounces between targets.
“Riza’s Ripper” - Fires a barbed blade that inflicts ongoing shrapnel damage.
“Shard Storm” - Launches experimental crystal projectiles across the immediate area.
Added new Match Consumables for Pulse Accelerators, Volt Casters and Blade Slingers.
We’ve reduced the amount of health for non-boss enemies inside Grandmaster 2 by 50%, and Stronghold bosses by 65%.
Reduced the amount of shields for all enemies inside Grandmaster 2 by 35%.
Reduced the amount of health for non-boss enemies instead Grandmaster 3 by 50%, and Stronghold bosses by 75%.
Reduced the amount of shields for all enemies by 20%.
NOTE: These health changes do not affect our "Apex" creatures, as they had previously been adjusted.
With this update, we’re starting to introduce additional Masterworks for each of the gear slots on each Javelin to better improve end-game build diversity and introduce new mechanics.
“Again and Again” - Upgraded Siege Artillery
Combo Effect: Explosive. Detonates another explosion briefly after the first.
“Venom Storm” - Upgraded Burst Mortar
Combo Effect: Explosive. Fires a volley of acidic rounds.
“Tesilar Trap” - Upgraded Cluster Mine
Deploys a bundle of proximity mines. Mines deal electric damage and electrify targets.
“Spectre's Flash” - Upgraded Wraith Strike
Projects ghost to target. Detonates Aura Combos.
“Relentless Pursuit” - Upgraded Pulse Blast
Combo Effect: Impact. Hitting an enemy causes Energy Pulse to bounce to additional enemies.
“Arctic Tomb” - Upgrade Frost Grenade
Freezes target in place. Defeating frozen enemies will also freeze nearby enemies.
“Steam Vent” - Upgraded Glacial Spear
Combo Effect: Chain. Deals both ice and fire damage.
“Eternal Squall” - Upgraded Lightning Strike
Combo Effect: Chain. Leaves a field that deals electric damage for a short time.
With update 1.3.0 you can finally complete the full set of Masterwork or Legendary gear. No more single lingering Epic Support Gear items ruining your complete collection! With this update, we’ve introduced two new Masterwork Support Gear pieces for each Javelin - centered around teamwork and buffing your allies as you fight your way through the Cataclysm.
“Berserker's Cry” - Upgraded Battle Cry
Forces enemies to attack the Colossus, and reduces enemy resistance to damage. Additionally increases melee ability.
“Surging Shield” - Upgraded Shield Pulse
Fortified effect reduces incoming damage. Additionally regenerates shields through damage while the effect persists.
“Voice of Courage” - Upgraded Rally Cry
Breaks you and allies free of all status effects. Additionally revives downed squad-mates who are nearby.
“Slayer's Furor” - Upgraded Target Beacon
Locks onto a target, reducing their resistances and jumping to another target if defeated. Also immediately marks additional enemies around the target.
“Vanguard's Rampart” - Upgraded Bulwark Point
Deploys a spherical shield. Additionally provides temporary charges for you and your allies’ Grenades, Ordnance Launchers, Assault Systems, and Blast Seals.
“Tarsis' Last Stand” - Upgraded Muster Point
Deploys a field that augments allies inside, increasing gun damage. In addition to gun damage, all damage is increased while inside the muster point.
“Howling Veil” - Upgraded Wind Wall
Creates a wall of wind to block projectiles. Additionally, enemies take damage when they hit the wall.
“Anthem's Grace” - Upgraded Quickening Field
Zone of power increases gear recharge rate. Additionally increases gear damage while in the field.
With this update, we added a significant level of build diversity by changing one of the main ways that Javelins prime and detonate combos. To do this, we are introducing new melee gear pieces that are equippable, have stats, and change the way you play. This will allow you to assemble new gear combinations not previously possible. We’ve also introduced new Masterwork and Legendary versions of these items.
With this change we have also fundamentally changed the way that melee damage scales. Previously, melee damage started at a base value and then automatically increased in power based on the average gear score of the player. This had the effect of emulating an item of the average rarity and level for players, plus some average assumed inscription bonuses (and Masterwork effects if they are the appropriate level). Now that melee is it’s own actual item, it no longer uses this automatic scaling, but uses actual real scaling for the item and the bonuses that occur on that item. This means that if players want to get their melee damage back to what it was, they need to get a melee weapon of the appropriate rarity with similar inscription rolls. However, because Melee is an actual item now, there is a much higher ceiling potential than there previously was, as our “assumed” inscription bonuses were in the middle of the possible bonus range. Some important additional notes:
We now include both melee damage bonus and weapon damage bonus as modifying melee weapon damage (not melee gear piece damage for Interceptors), so there are more total damage sources that boost your melee than previously existed. This should result in higher additive bonuses than were previously applied, which will help offset some of the lowered base damage.
In addition (based on PTS feedback and iteration), we have increased the base damage value of all melee gear by 50%. Increasing the base value is a multiplicative change.
Heavy glove that can be smashed into the ground, causing damage in a large area.
“Earthshaker” - Upgraded Seismic Glove
Heavy glove that can be smashed into the ground, causing damage in a large area. Sends out a shockwave that damages enemies in front of you.
Flaming glove that can be smashed into the ground, burning enemies in a large area.
“Meteor Smash” - Upgraded Inferno Glove
Flaming glove that can be smashed into the ground, burning enemies in a large area. Cracks the earth, igniting flames around your feet that burn nearby enemies.
Double-bladed daggers that allow for fast attacks which can be chained together.
“Blades of Warding” - Upgraded Twin Blades
Double-bladed daggers that allow for fast attacks which can be chained together. Hitting an enemy grants 10% increased damage resistance for 10 seconds. Stacks to 5.
Double-bladed daggers that poison their target.
“Deathstalker Blades” - Upgraded Venomous Blades
Double-bladed daggers that poison their target. Deals additional damage against enemies below 50% health.
Electrically charged mace that shocks enemies.
“Transmuting Volt” - Upgraded Shock Mace
Electrically charged mace that shocks enemies. Hitting an enemy adds 3 Ultimate charges.
Heavy hitting mace that deals high damage.
“Rampager” - Upgraded Seismic Mace
Heavy-hitting mace that deals high damage. Hitting an enemy grants 10% increased damage for 10 seconds. Stacks to 5.
Hits enemies with an explosive strike, dealing high damage.
“Searing Blast” - Upgraded Explosive Strike
Hits enemies with an explosive strike, dealing high damage. Sends out a fireball that seeks enemies.
Hits enemies with an electrically charged strike, shocking them.
“Lightning Surge” - Upgraded Shocking Strike
Hits enemies with an electrically charged strike, shocking them. Hitting an enemy restores 40% shields.
General Fixes & Improvements:
Fixed a number of challenges that had the incorrect descriptions.
The door into the final boss room of The Sunken has been raised slightly in order to provide an easier step up to the frame around it once the door is closed.
Updated visual effects to improve visibility of Masterwork and Legendary loot drops.
The following legendary missions will now count for progress towards "Daily: Legendary Missions":
Legendary: Mysterious Beginnings
Legendary: Dear Diary
Legendary: Vanishing Act
Fixed an issue to allow players to replay Mysterious Beginnings from the End of Expedition screen.
Marelda’s conversation will now properly complete without ending abruptly.
Telling Dax to use cartography skills will now be properly recognized.
Forge Fixes & Improvements:
For example: Instead of saying, "reduces recoil by -20%," (an unintentional double negative produced by directly displaying the value from the underlying gameplay system), we will now say "reduces recoil by 20%."
Fixed a number of issues that could cause a crash when in the forge.
Fixed a crash that could happen when swapping gear in the forge.
Fixed an issue where renaming a loadout changed equipped armor parts.
Fixed an issue where the gear score in the forge would be incorrect after swapping a piece of gear.
Removed the loading screen when leaving the forge at end of expedition. (Should now fade to black briefly).
Fixed the stats on some gear that were appearing incorrectly.
Fixed an issue that could cause the pilot’s javelin to not appear correctly after making appearance changes.
Fixed an issue that would cause a pilot’s javelin to not appear correctly in the launch bay.
Fix issue with being able to equip the wrong gear on javelins.
Edited a number of item descriptions for clearer understanding.
Enemy Fixes and Improvements:
Enemy Valkyrie attacks should register damage more accurately.
Fixed a number of animation issues that could occur to enemies in Temple of the Scar.
Fixed an issue where the Furies wouldn’t spawn in the Heart of Rage Stronghold.
High force gear now causes reactions on wyverns.
Fixed an issue where damage was not registering when shooting weak spots on the Fury shield.
Improved light intensity of Dominion grenades.
Fixed an issue in which Outlaw Outrage was using the incorrect encounter markers.
Damage dealt to nearby enemies when the Colossus lands from a tall height now scales correctly, so it maintains its usefulness at higher levels.
The Storm can now cancel its air melee with a double jump, just like the other Javelins can.
Players who are downed and then fall into water will now float in the water instead of sinking all the way to the bottom
We fixed animations for the Emote Military Salute to reduce character sliding.
Colossus Specific Changes:
The Colossus will now utilize the same base values of Armor and Shields as the rest of the javelins, but has an inherent multiplying factor on all base values that generates the larger Armor and Shield pools. This change will better allow the Colossus to utilize Universal components without sacrificing an extraordinary amount of defense to do so.
Note: Because of this change, inside the forge, the base value of the Colossus specific components will go down significantly but the amount of armor added to the Colossus should remain roughly the same (since that lower base value is multiplied by the Colossus’s new inherent bonus).
Base Colossus Components Armor and Shields 250/125 → 45/45
Base Colossus Armor Components Armor and Shields 300/250 → 100/100
MSW/LEG Colossus Components Armor and Shields 730/290 → 145/145
MSW/LEG Colossus MaxArmor Components Armor and Shields 876/580 → 320/320
Base Colossus Health and Shields 900/450 → 150/150
Colossus now get a multiplicative bonus to Armor that increases all Armor granted by 475%.
Colossus now get a multiplicative bonus to Shields that increase all Shield granted by 237.5%.
General UI Fixes and Improvements:
Fixed the squad list sometimes showing up instead of the friends list in the invite.
Fixed an issue where the friends list would not show up when a player’s Origin status was set to invisible.
Showing the Map in an expedition now centers it on the current player position.
Fixed an issue where swapping “Extended Special Arms Magazine” was causing the players HUD to display ammo count incorrectly.
Library and Cortex entries can now be properly marked as read and persist upon closing the UI.
Weapons/Gear Fixes and Improvements:
Death from Above muzzle fixed overexposed bright elements.
The Colossus component “Reinforced Hull” has been renamed to “High-Capacity Munitions” to better reflect its functionality.
The Colossus component “Grand Entrance” now triggers its explosion when falling from a shorter distance than before (the new distance is roughly equivalent to a double jump height).
Armor and Shield Value Changes:
Universal Components Armor and Shields 10/10 → 45/45 (Plus Rarity Shift)
MSW/LEG Universal Components Armor and Shields 25/25 → 145/145 (Plus Rarity Shift)
MSW/LEG Universal MaxArmor Component Health 150 → 320 (Plus Rarity Shift)
MSW/LEG Universal MaxShield Component Health 150 → 320 (Plus Rarity Shift)
Combo and Ultimate Bonus Changes:
Masterwork properties that apply a duration-based bonus (such as the bonus from the 10,000 Suns gear piece that increases all damage for a brief time) will still apply its bonus to Combos and Ultimates.
Combo and Ultimate damage will now only gain damage bonuses from inscriptions if that inscription is specifically the Combo or Ultimate damage bonus inscription. Inscription bonuses that apply to a larger set of items (like Elemental Damage, or all Global damage) will not apply their bonuses.
Masterwork Proc Effects
The damage value from Masterwork proc effects (such as Ralner’s Blaze or Thunderbolt of Yvenia) will now deal its damage based on the item level of the item that is proccing the effect, instead of the overall GearScore of the Javelin.
The following guns will now properly display their primer or detonator effect:
Truth of Tarsis
Fixed an issue in which Cryo Glaive and Absolute Zero could not fire its multiple charges if it was in the process of recharging
Patch 1.2.1 - June 18th
● Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor would disappear on specific instances when going into the Forge (while using keyboard & mouse controls).
● Various other minor UI bug fixes.
Combat Fixes - Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause characters and enemies to appear frozen after the frozen effect had worn off.
Matchmaking - We’ve made some additional improvements to our matchmaking experience by enabling longer timers for players to match into a squad, while also fixing a bug from a previous update that forced some players to matchmake for longer than intended. The new max limit for matchmaking should take no longer than 90 seconds.
Patch 1.2.0 - May 29th
Improved the compass to show collectible items as a question mark when you are near one.
Added a purple target icon to show an area where an enemy that is guaranteed to drop loot will appear. When the enemy appears, they will have a white target icon.
Added the ability to fast travel to different strider locations from the map while in freeplay.
Three Emerald Abyss Legendary Missions have been added.
Load screens now display lore regarding the location that you are loading into.
Added a simple UI for players to communicate non-verbally with each other and express themselves via emotes. This is accessed by pressing down on the D-Pad if using a controller, or B on a keyboard for PC.
Fixed an issue where the “Alt” key could not be correctly used in keybinding.
Dominion Storm and Frost Brutes no longer have shields.
All Storm Javelins (Elementalists, Valkyries, etc) now regenerate their shields like other shielded creatures. When hovering they can be grounded with force or with fire status effects.
The Scar Hunter can now be grounded with fire status effects.
Improved the animation of the Scar Grenadier grenade throw to be more clear.
Looking away from interaction point while interacting no longer cancels the interaction.
Base damage of Cluster Mine has been increased from 110 to 135
Base damage of Searching Glaive has been increased from 550 to 605
Base damage of Plasma Star has been increased from 110 to 210
Base damage of Wraith Strike has been increased from 250 to 315
Base damage of Burst Mortar has been increased from 300 to 400
Base damage of Flak Cannon has been increased from 42 to 60
Base damage of Black Powder (Masterwork Flak Cannon) has been increased from 52.5 to 75
Base damage of Blast Missile has been increased from 220 to 310
Based damage of Argo’s Mace (Masterwork Blast Missile) has been increased from 275 to 387.5
Base damage of Flame Burst has been increased from 150 to 260
Base damage of Venomous Blaze (Masterwork Flame Burst) has been increased from 225 to 390
Base damage of Arc Burst has been increased from 300/150 to 375/185
Fixed a bug where multiple status effects applied to creatures were not able to be detonated for combos.
Inventory slot count at End of Expedition now matches the Forge and Vault
Cortex Menu - Various bugs with navigation and opening/closing the cortex have been fixed.
Cortex Menu - Fixed issues where some entries could not be ‘mark as read’ or would be become unread
New items gained from an expedition will now properly show the new item icon
Reduced frequency and intensity of several weapon muzzle flashes and gear effects.
Colossus Components “Reinforced Hull” and “Colossal Stock Augment” have had several issues with their text descriptions fixed.
Fixed an issue where the Javelin’s lower body would twist oddly when strafing and swapping weapons.
Resolved errors with the “Conductive Lattice” Interceptor Component not always providing correct stat bonuses.
The "Recommended Power" values were unintentionally reverted to their original values and have been fixed. The values should now read 425 for GM1, 575 for GM2, and 675 for GM3.
General – Fixed various issues where players could get stuck, get outside of the environment, and other art-related issues.
Heart of Rage - Fixed an issue where the Monitor’s glaive would rotate oddly during his final animation.
Heart of Rage – Fixed an issue where you couldn’t replay the Heart of Rage after selecting to play another mission at the end of expedition screen.
Heart of Rage – Fixed an issue where the door closed prematurely preventing players from progressing to the arena.
Heart of Rage – Fixed an issue where a player could be party gathered if hovering too close to the door of the second arena.
Heart of Rage – Fixed an issue where you would receive no loot if your entire party was downed during the final phase of the titan fight.
Heart of Rage – Fixed an issue where the Monitor encounter would break if too much damage was done before the final phase.
Sunken Cell – Fixed an issue where the Fury sometimes would collide with rotating pillar on entering the arena.
Sunken Cell - Fixed some issues where creatures were unable to path to the player correctly.
Sunken Cell – Fixed an issue where the flight suppression progress wasn’t showing for some members of a squad.
Sunken Cell – Fixed an issue where Ash Brutes would be able to move while frozen.
Sunken Cell – Fixed some issues with the Spanish voice over conversations.
Temple of Scar – Fixed an issue where the player could stand inside the shield bubble of the final boss.
Temple of Scar – Fixed an issue where the player could be knocked into a cage and trapped in the boss arena.
Temple of Scar – Fixed an issue where rejoining a session at the final boss arena would cause the player to spawn outside of the arena and then get party gathered into the arena.
Tyrant Mine – Fixed an issue where the icon would appear twice on the Expedition map.
Tyrant Mine – Fixed an issue with text missing on the objective.
Missions and Legendary Missions
General: Fixed an issue where the Legendary Missions did not unlock after completing Return to the Heart of Rage.
General: Fixed an issue where a player could launch a legendary mission that was no longer available on the schedule and would spawn in with no content.
General: Fixed an issue where Legendary Missions would be locked until the next mission was available if you started a mission and didn’t complete it.
Finding Old Friends – Legendary: Fixed an issue where disconnecting during the mission would cause the mission objectives to disappear and prevent the mission from progressing.
Finding Old Friends – Legendary: Fixed an issue where two objective markers were present at the same time.
Finding Old Friends (Original and Legendary): Fixed an issue where dying on the “Go to Strider” objective, the player would be respawned across the map.
Finding Old Friends: Fixed an issue where dialog wasn’t playing for some players in a squad.
Finding Old Friends: Added missing summary text in the Journal entry for completed mission.
Finding Old Friends – Legendary: Fixed an issue where players that did not bring both pieces of Ursix meat to gain entry to see Princess Zhim stopped the mission from progressing.
Fortress of Dawn: Fixed an issue where players were able to control their EXO during the cinematics.
Incursion (Original and Legendary): Fixed an issue with party gather after leaving the interior of the cave.
Incursion (Original and Legendary): Fixed an issue with multiple objective markers appearing.
Legion of Dawn: Added missing outcome text in the Journal entry for completed mission.
Lost Arcanist – Legendary: Fixed an issue where the objective marker was using an incorrect icon.
Rescue Haluk – Legendary: Fixed an issue where the mission didn’t progress until all party members arrived at the beginning location.
Rescue Haluk – Legendary: Fixed an issue where the move to the lower courtyard objective didn’t appear until all party members reached a specific point.
Rescue Haluk: Fixed an issue where the summary did not appear in the Journal after completing the mission.
Matthias Contract – Arcanist Runes: Fixed an issue where no enemies were spawning on the last objective.
Yarrow – Tempting Target: Fixed an issue where the objective marker was missing.
Yarrow – Imposter: Fixed an issue with the text in the Journal when this mission was completed.
Fixed an issue where Forge UI appeared during cinematic for Crafting the Dawn Shield.
Clarified the objective text for building and equipping the Dawn Shield.
Fixed visual issues with the curtains at the entrance to the bar in Fort Tarsis.
Adjusted the conversation with Sev in the introduction to the Sunken Cell stronghold to reflect that you’ve spoken with Sev previously.
Fixed various issues where players could get stuck, get outside of the environment, and other art-related issues.
Fixed an issue where scar hatches would sometimes appear and be enabled to enter in the middle of a world event instead of at the end.
Reputation rewards – Fixed an issue where reputation points were not being awarded for the Freelancer in Need world event and added reputation points for discovering caves you can enter.
Fixed issues with the Arcanist Korox Study world event where dying and respawning was sometimes causing the world event to break and not be able to complete.
Patch 1.1.1 - May 7th
Fixed a problem where suit power level (rarity) was not correctly being calculated based on equipped items.
Fixed an issue with Spanish audio in a conversation in the Sunken Cell stronghold.
Fixed an issue with French audio in a conversation in the Sunken Cell stronghold.
Fixed an issue causing a slight delay in Salvaging at End of Expedition
Partially defeated encounters will no longer re-dispense loot from previously defeated creatures.
[PC ONLY] – Right clicking an item to salvage it at the end of expedition screen now requires the mouse button to be held.
Patch 1.1.0 - April 23rd
The Sunken Cell stronghold is now available to all players who have completed the main story (critical path).
Added the ability to select contracts from the start of expedition screen rather than going to the individual contract boards in Fort Tarsis or in the Launch Bay.
Added the ability to launch a new mission from the end of expedition screen without having to return to Fort Tarsis or the Launch Bay.
Added the ability to access the Forge during Missions, Strongholds and Freeplay. You can now change your gear without having to return to Fort Tarsis or the Launch Bay!
Added additional cortex entries to explain combo, detonator, and primer abilities.
Added new Universal Masterwork Components
Extended Sniper Magazine: Adds specialized storage for enhanced sniper rifle ammunition. Increases damage by 30% of base damage. Increases maximum magazine size of sniper rifles by a large amount.
Rapid Hollow Points: Adds specialized ammo storage for machine pistols and autocannons. Increases damage by 30%. Increases weak point damage of machine pistols and autocannons.
Extended Special Arms Magazine: Adds specialized ammo storage for heavy pistols and grenade launchers. Increases damage by 30%. Increases maximum magazine size of heavy pistols and grenade launchers by a large amount.
Added primer/detonator icons in the cortex next to gear entries.
Fixed a bug where “Legendary Freelancer” Javelin challenge objectives weren’t completing correctly in the challenge journal.
Resolved an issue where players were being kicked back to Fort Tarsis when loading into quickplay missions.
Fixed a problem where the “Arcanist Loyalty 3" trophy could not granted on Playstation 4.
Fixed an issue where notifications for challenges were not appearing correctly.
Resolved an issue where after respawning, you could be downed again prior to re-loading back in fully.
Added STT (Speech-to-Text) and TTS (Text-to-Speech) on all platforms.
GAMEPLAY BALANCE ADJUSTMENTS
Retaliation of Garretus - Trajector Machine Pistol
Increased bonus from 200% to 400%
Rolling Carnage - Vengeance Shotgun
Increased bonus from 50% stacking 3 times, to 83.33% stacking 3 times.
The Last Stand - Mauler Autocannon
Increased bonus from 200% to 225%
Fist of Stral - Cloudburst Autocannon
Increased bonus from 10% stacking 10 times, to 16% stacking 10 times.
Unending Battle - Fulcrum Machine Pistol
Increased bonus from 110% to 135%
Death From Above - Guardian Marksman Rifle
Increased bonus from 65% to 235%
Wyvern Blitz - Deadeye Sniper Rifle
Increased bonus from 40% to 185%
Final Judgment - HE Mortar
Increased bonus from 35% to 55%
Fist of the Crucible - Flamethrower
Increased bonus from 12% *10 to 24% *10
Serpent’s Veil - Venom Bomb
Increased bonus from 100% to 202.5%
Ruthless Stalker - Searching Glaive
Increased bonus from 60% to 110%
Bitter Harvest - Cluster Mine
Increased bonus from 60% to 110%
Cold Blooded - Frost Grenade
Increased bonus from 235% to 270%
Avenger’s Boon - Pulse Blast
Increased bonus from 210 % to 220%
Ponder Infinity - Lightning Strike
Increased bonus from 60% to 165%
Chaotic Rime - Frost Shards
Increased bonus from 125% to 250%
Friendly player projectiles should now be able to pass through Javelins in your squad.
Colossus’ Firewall Mortar should now more reliably spawn the Firewall effect when directly hitting enemies, sloped surfaces, or next to walls.
Status Effects / Combos
Delay between when players and creatures are frozen and when the visual effect is applied has been reduced to improve readability of the status effect.
If a player applies a status effect that already exists on a target, but the new status effect has a higher damage than the existing one, the damage will now scale to that higher value.
Players who prime targets for combos will now also see the “Combo” text when detonated by another player.
Increased the damage of the Electric status effect when applied to creatures.
Fixed additional issues where the Titan fireball projectile attack was hitting players when they successfully dodged/evaded.
Fixed an issue where the Titan would not always use all of its available attacks.
Adjusted environmental lightning strikes to not target javelins directly as frequently.
Fixed an issue where the predicted gear score was inaccurate if you were selecting to equip a higher tier component than was currently equipped.
Fixed a bug where the Colossus shield wouldn’t appear when deployed to other players in the squad.
Resolved several issues where status effects remained on the player far longer than the actual effect (e.g. the Frozen status effect appearing on the javelin after the effect has ended).
Fixed a bug where the Storm’s shield did not get the intended 20% damage resistance increase while hovering.
Fixed a bug where the Interceptor Ultimate attack would not chain when holding the fire button instead of holding the melee button.
Bulwark Point now properly gets duration increases from utility duration bonus inscriptions.
Fixed a bug where Interceptor melee gear was not going on cooldown when used in air.
Fixed an issue where explosive projectiles were not affecting destructible combat objects (e.g. scar bunkers).
Fixed a problem where the Storm’s Seal of the Open Mind Masterwork would incorrectly allow a player to fire 3 charges when the UI only showed 2 available.
Fixed a bug where gear recharge progress could be lost if you used a charge while additional charges were being restored.
Fixed an error where the Masterwork Colossus Stock Augment had a lower base % increase than its non-Masterwork counterparts. (Increased from 5% to 35%).
Fixed the Ranger Grenadier Component text to properly display the stat value %.
Fixed a problem with the Special Arms Ammo component not properly increasing grenade launcher damage.
Status Effects / Combos
Fixed some instances where multiple players contributing to a single status effect would see incorrect floating values
Fixed an issue where you could receive a status effect from a creature attack while invulnerable.
Fixed a problem where the Legion of Dawn rifle disappears from the forge while in the Launch Bay
Fixed a bug where ammo pick-ups weren’t restoring any ammo in the current magazine for the Devastator Sniper Rifle.
Fixed the Striker’s Balance weapon so that the weapon accuracy and projectile trajectory should be corrected when the bonus is applied.
Corrected Torrent Autocannon description text to match current functionality.
Fixed a bug where Avenging Herald was incorrectly applying its bonus damage to secondary weapons while holstered. This bonus is now only active when Avenging Herald is the active weapon.
All Devastator Sniper Rifle weakpoint hit multipliers have been corrected to a 1.75 multiplier.
Updated “Critical Damage” to “Weakpoint Damage” in any text descriptions.
Updated “Impact Dmg” to “Kinetic Dmg” in any text descriptions.
Updated “Impact Resist” to “Kinetic Resist” in any text descriptions.
Corrected formatting on the inscription values for Overheat Delay Recovery, Thruster Delay Recovery, and Weap Reload Speed so they no longer have multiple +/- values.
Removed text from the Masterwork Flamethrower which indicated that it was a detonator when it is not.
Removed the duplicate second pistol from Argentum Tran's Sidearm case after completing the Freelancer Reputation Rewards - Level 3.
Elysian Key marker over daily challenges no longer disappears on returning to Fort Tarsis.
Fixed an issue where Yarrow’s final conversation could play too early in some scenarios.
Removed Dax from the background of a conversation where you are told she went out to get some tea.
Fixed an issue where Commander Vule left the frame during a conversation with Brin and the player.
Fixed an issue where Jarek Arnel’s arm clipped badly into the wall.
Resolved an issue where you were told that your squad was waiting on you to ready up, when it wasn’t true.
Resolved an issue where Faye wasn’t shown in a cinematic scene that she is speaking in with Haluk.
Fixed various spelling and grammatical errors in the journal and library entries.
Fixed an issue where targeted creatures in freeplay would lose their target icon if you flew too far away from the arena and returned.
Fixed an issue where sentinels disappeared from the Sentinel Support World Event, making it impossible to complete the event.
Fixed an issue where you couldn’t progress in the Tombs of the Legionnaires quest if one member of your squad had not unlocked that quest yet.
Fixed an issue where you couldn’t interact with and enter the Tomb of Artinia when you had completed the requirements to unlock it.
Picking up some collectible archives were limited to the player that interacted with them. Now all players within 100m of the player collecting the archive will automatically collect the archive as well.
Fixed an issue where turrets could spawn too far away from the world event location.
Fixed an issue where being downed in the Arcanist Korox Study world event would not reset properly when you came back.
Downed players are now automatically revived when the stronghold boss is defeated.
Temple of the Scar: Fixed an issue where the fog wall visual effect remained, even though it didn’t actually prevent the player from progressing.
Temple of the Scar: Fixed an issue where the player could escape the world near the waterfall.
Tyrant Mine: Prevented turrets from spawning in the second area before players were led there and the rest of the enemies had spawned in to fix an exploit.
Heart of Rage: Fixed an issue where enemies could be trapped behind a fog wall, preventing the player from progressing.
Critical Path and Legendary Missions
Heart of Rage: Fixed an issue where killing the titan without entering the arena would cause you to respawn backwards, making it impossible to advance and complete the mission.
Legendary Incursion: Fixed an issue where the plot wouldn’t advance after listening to the recording.
Legendary Missions: Fixed an issue where the final chest would never appear at the end of the mission if you were too far away from the chest.
Legendary Fortress of Dawn: Fixed an issue for the second trial where the plot would break if one player was slow to load in and the other player ran ahead.
Legendary Freelancer Down: Fixed an issue where the plot wouldn’t progress until all members of the squad had reached the specified point.
Legendary Finding Old Friends: Fixed an issue where enemies could be stuck behind a fog wall, preventing the plot from progressing.
Fixed an issue where the notification of Legendary Missions being unlocked after completing the critical path was not displaying.
Legendary Lost Arcanist: Fixed an issue where the Escari was teleporting around too frequently.
Legendary Freelancer Down: Fixed a respawn point that was very far away from the objective.
Contract - Freelancer Work: Fixed an issue where the step to protect the Arcanists wasn’t working correctly when joining through Quick Play.
Patch 1.0.4.02 - April 8th
Restricts the amount of drops you get for other Javelins.
Patch 1.0.4 - March 26th
Legendary Missions: Allows you to replay critical path missions again with a much higher difficulty level. One mission will be available per day that has no limit on the number of times it can be completed. These missions offer a new challenge and require team coordination to achieve victory!
Elysian Caches: Earn Elysian Keys by completing daily challenges. These keys can be used on Elysian Caches, which appear at the end of each Stronghold after the boss is defeated to unlock vanity and crafting materials. Opening an Elysian Cache creates loot for each member of the Expedition. There are 67 unique vanity unlocks available, including vinyls, victory poses, emotes and arrivals. You will never get a duplicate vanity item! This is our first version of the ruleset for Elysian Caches in the game and we'll look forward to your feedback and the data we gather from your play.
Chests now have a chance to drop additional items and crafting materials in Strongholds, Freeplay and Missions.
Apex creatures now have a chance to drop additional loot, similar to the change made to chests. (Apex creatures include: Ursix, Titans, Furies and Escari/Luminaries)
On GM1 difficulty and higher, Stronghold bosses will now drop more loot with a chance at additional masterwork and legendary items.
Added support for Nvidia Highlights to capture screenshots and game clips automatically:
Visiting and viewing overlooks
Defeating certain large creatures.
Defeating legendary creatures
Discovering the Tombs of the Legionnaires
When the player is downed by enemies.
Added Field of View sliders for various cameras in-game:
Ground FOV: Adjusts the field of view of the camera during on foot gameplay.
Zoomed FOV: Adjusts the field of view of the camera while your weapon is zoomed.
Flight FOV: Adjusts the field of view of the camera during flight.
Swim FOV: Adjusts the field of view of the camera while underwater.
Pilot FOV: Adjusts the field of view of the camera when out of your javelin.
Reduced the AFK auto-kick timer from 10 minutes to 5 minutes.
Nvidia DLSS Support:
Support for Deep Learning Super-Sampling is now available on Nvidia RTX-based video cards.
Improved performance on gameplay effects that were updating or running often to reduce performance strain.
Example effects include things like:
Time of Day
Level Art with Animated Props
The Forge can now be accessed via the main menu while you’re in Ft. Tarsis or the Launch Bay.
There is no longer a loading screen when entering the Forge.
BUGS & ISSUES (FIXES)
Fixed an issue where a second pilot could enter the Tombs of the Legionnaires quest before acquiring the quest.
Fixed an issue where performance could potentially drop in rescue sentinel world events with outlaws.
Heart of Rage: Fixed party gather that was sending players back to the previous arena.
Heart of Rage: Fixes to fog walls blocking access to enemies.
Heart of Rage: Removed fog walls that could prevent the player from progressing.
Heart of Rage: Fixed issue where late joining players would spawn in lava and in a downed state.
Temple of the Scar: Fixed issues with fog walls could prevent the player from progressing.
Tyrant Mine: Door leading underground opens when first player arrives now instead of waiting for all players to arrive.
Tyrant Mine: Fixed an exploit where you could double loot from the Swarm Tyrant.
General: Fixed an issue where strongholds were disappearing from the map, so they could not be selected.
Finding Old Friends: Fixed waypoint markers if player proceeds without collecting the relics.
Imposter: Removed fog wall where players can get trapped.
See in the Dark: Fixed performance on Xbox One X when getting close to the echo lock.
Matthias mission: Fixed pathfinding for Elementals that could get stuck behind a chest.
Fixed issue with cinematic freezing during the third Dax mission.
What Freelancers Do: Fixed ammo depots popping into the world.
Clarified objective text on how players can collect Corium.
Incursion: fixed a number of voice over issues.
Fixed a number of loot exploits in Matthias Legendary Contracts.
Respawn timer no longer resets after a revive attempt by another player is interrupted.
Fort Tarsis: Fixed an issue where the camera went under the terrain when getting a legendary contract from Matthias.
Fort Tarsis: Fixed an issue where Commander Vule could appear in two locations at once.
Fort Tarsis: Reduced the length of time NPCs glance away from player during conversations to stay more focused on the player.
Low health warning now correctly states "Low Armor"
Fixed grammatical issue in The Legion of Dawn library entry.
The First Cypher journal entry has been moved to the Cyphers section.
Audio: Cancelled audio when the player cancels out of launching an expedition.
Fixed text for several Masterwork items that caused incorrect % values for ultimate charge, the functionality has not changed :
Ranger Frag Grenade (Last Argument)
Interceptor Venom Spray (Viper’s Bite)
Fixed text in the Forge where statistic bars for gear was showing as “Status” when it should say “Effect”:
Fixed an issue where the Spark beam visual effect would not be present when turning away from the player using it.
Fixed Masterwork Gear so that they now progress the Uncommon, Rare and Epic challenges of that Gear.
The Mark of Ruin and Amulet of Winter Storm Masterwork components should now correctly be applying their respective bonuses, have their corrected text and icons, and should be functional.
Fixed an issue with the Mark of Clarity Storm component showing a 0 sec cooldown, now correctly shows 1 second.
Fixed text for Interceptor Double-Edged Inscription component to be more clear on effects:
“Increases all damage dealt by X% of base and reduces damage resistance by X%.”
Fixed text for several Masterwork items that caused incorrect % values for ultimate charge, the functionality has not changed :
Badge of Devastation (Masterwork Ranger Component)
Emblem of Destruction (Masterwork Colossus Component)
Fixed an issue where the Ablative Shielding (Masterwork Colossus Component) was not correctly granting the additional armor and shields noted in the text. This is updated on the player stats, but may not be resolved for the UI stat bars for the component.
Fixed statistic bar for weapons in Forge UI where “Magazine Size” was incorrectly labeled “Clip Size”.
Fixed an error where the Thunderbolt of Yvenia’s lightning damage wasn’t scaling correctly for the Storm javelin.
Fixed text for Artinia’s Gambit (Masterwork Relentless LMG) to be more informative of effect:
Upgraded Relentless: Best balanced gun in this class. Detonates a combo explosion on primed targets in the area upon reloading
Adjusted an error with secondary player damage scaling (combos, status effects, ultimates, melee) where unequipped item slots were not identified correctly for damage scaling.
Fixed an issue where ultimate charge (20 charge) wasn’t correctly being awarded to players when reviving a downed teammate.
Fixed an issue where “Weakpoint Hit” triggers were unintentionally counted when hitting enemy shields.
Fixed an issue where the amount of armor segments displayed on the player HUD was incorrect when compared to their actual armor values. This is only the UI half of the reported “health bug” problem.
Fixed an issue where players could load into an expedition without having all of their inscription bonuses properly loaded. This would result in various problems (less shields, health, max ammo, etc) on the Javelin. We believe this should resolve the non-UI aspect of the reported “health bug” problem as this should now correctly load javelin health/shields.
Fixed a problem where a player could be more easily killed through shields and armor when first entering the game for the first time on a new client build.
Fixed an issue where swapping weapons at the start of the Storm Ultimate would give you a full heal without using the Ultimate charge.
Fixed an issue where the lightning effect and abilities would leave a shader effect on the Korox creature unintentionally.
Fixed an issue where defeated creatures would sometimes go back into idle ragdoll positions unintentionally.
Additional reduction and tuning to health of The Monitor boss fight in the Heart of Rage stronghold
Corrected several inscriptions where the magazine size was referred to as “clip”. Fixed to say “magazine” or “mag” (e.g. +X% Weap Mag Size”).
The hip fire inscription bonus will no longer be applied to Sniper Rifles.
The “Support +X% Luck” inscription has had its text changed to “+X% Luck”.
The Weapon Reload stat inscription was not correctly applying to player weapons and has been corrected
Fixed text on Blast Damage inscription so that it no longer includes “Weap” in the text to more clearly convey that it applies to all blast damage not just to weapons.
The text for Shield Refresh and Shield Delay inscriptions were incorrectly swapped on items and have been corrected. These inscriptions will now reflect the intended effect:
Shield Delay: Increases the speed at which your shield recharges
Shield Refresh: Reduces the time between when your shield breaks and when it starts regenerating
The “+X% Pistol Ammo” inscription has been updated and now specifically references the Heavy Pistol “+X% Hvy Pistol Ammo”.
Fixed a number of issues that could cause the game to crash
Players can now “Junk” items much faster in their vault.
Daily/Weekly/Monthly interaction points now directly link the player to the Cortex entry
Fixed a number of issues that would cause players to be unable to interact with objects or players.
Match consumables now sort by rarity then alphabetically
Quickplay instances will no longer be allowed to spawn into missions older than 15 minutes.
Fixed an issue where a small number of players could not craft items and would continue to receive Common (white) and Uncommon (green) drops after hitting level 30.
Doubled the rate at which Masterwork gear with multiple charges regain charges:
Ranger - Venom Darts (Tactical Onslaught)
Colossus - Rail Gun (Garred's Hammer)
Interceptor - Cluster Mine (Bitter Harvest)
Storm - Ice Storm (Winter’s Wrath)
Storm - Ball Lightning (Seal of the Open Mind)
Fixed several exploits related to Masterwork and Legendary drops that were allowing unintended drop-rates when player was downed.
Added a new audio effect for when a Masterwork / Legendary item drops in-game.
Increased buff to 40% for 10 seconds (was 20% for 5 seconds).
Improved ability to reliably trigger on heavy impacts and air melee slams.
Increased buff to 33% (was 20%) and removed cooldown.
Was: Hitting enemies with Ordnance Launcher abilities temporarily lowers thruster-heat buildup by 30% for 5 seconds.
Now: Taking damage increases all damage by 8% for 10 seconds, stacking to 10.
Was: On shield break increases all ability damage by 40% for 5 seconds.
Now: When hit with a status effect, increase all gear damage by 40% for 10 seconds.
Changed to hitting an enemy from defeating an enemy.
Fist of the Crucible:
Was: Victor's Advantage: Defeating an enemy increases Flamethrower damage by 30% for 10s seconds, stacking to 5.
Now: Striker's Advantage: Hitting an enemy increases Flamethrower damage by 12% for 10 seconds, stacking to 10.
Increased base damage by 25%.
Increased base damage by 25% cooldown reduced to 1 second (was 4 seconds).
Increased base damage by 40%.
Was: Upgraded Burst Mortar: Special shells burst across wide area. Burst Mortar can now trigger explosive combos.
Now: Upgraded Burst Mortar: Special shells burst across wide area. Creates a large physical explosion for each enemy hit.
Increased to 40% for 10 seconds (from 20% for 10 seconds).
Talisman of Power:
Increased to 60% for 10 seconds (from 50% for 5 seconds).
Was: Performing a small melee hit-streak (3) detonates an electric explosion.
Now: Melee hits detonate an electric explosion, can occur once every 2 seconds.
Was: All damage is increased by 25% for 5 seconds when suit health declines.
Now: On low armor, damage taken is reduced by 50% for 10 seconds.
Way of Salvage:
Increased to 40% for 10 seconds (from 40% for 5 seconds).
Way of the Swift:
Increased to 60% for 10 seconds (from 50% for 5 seconds).
Way of the Bold:
Increased to 40% armor restored (from 20%).
Way of Integration:
Increase to 30% for 10 seconds (from 30% for 5 seconds)
Increased base kick damage by 200%, removed cooldown, increased to 50% armor restored.
Increased base damage by 25%, removed cooldown.
Increased base damage by 35%, changed to trigger on melee hit (from on melee kills).
Was: Wraith Strike instantly recharges with a small kill-streak (2).
Now: Launches two wraith projections that seek enemies.
Removed requirement of being above target, increased explosions damage.
Was: Increase engine heat threshold (max stamina) by 35%. Weak point hits lower thruster-heat buildup by 10% for 5 seconds
Now: Increase engine heat threshold (max stamina) by 50%. Weak point hits lower thruster-heat buildup by 80% for 10 seconds
Badge of Devastation
Was: Increases assault launcher by 15%. Performing a large hit-streak (10) will instantly add 1% Ultimate charge.
Now: Increases assault launcher by 30%.Performing a large hit-streak (10) will instantly add 3% Ultimate charge.
Was: Increases blast damage by 50% and decreases impact damage by 20%. Performing a small multi kill (3) instantly restores 25% armor.
Now: Increases blast damage by 50% and decreases impact damage by 20%. Performing a small multi hit (2) instantly restores 25% armor
Second Wind (was Defensive Bulwark)
Was: Increases all gun damage by 25%. On low health, increases gun damage by 25% for 10 seconds.
Now: Increases all gun damage by 25%. On low health, increases gun damage by 60% for 10 seconds.
Was: Increases fire damage and max heat capacity by 20%, and fire resistance by 20%. Increases elemental effects applied to enemies by 20%.
Now: Increases fire damage and max heat capacity by 50%, and fire resistance by 50%. On a hit streak (5), applies acid to the target.
Was: Increases grenade damage by 5%. Defeating an enemy with assault launcher gear increases grenade gear damage by 60% for 5 seconds.
Now: Increases grenade damage by 30%. Hitting an enemy with assault launcher gear increases grenade gear damage by 60% for 10 seconds.
Was: Increases impact damage by 35% and decreases blast damage by 35%. Hovering increases all resistances by 10%.
Now: Increases impact damage by 50% and decreases blast damage by 20%. Hovering increases all resistances by 25%.
Tip of the Spear
Was: Increases combo damage by 50%. Performing a combo restores 40% armor to nearby allies.
Now: Increases combo damage by 60%. Performing a combo restores 40% armor to nearby allies.
Was: Increases Assault Launcher recharge by 35%. Defeating an enemy with melee increases grenade damage by 50% for 10 seconds.
Now: Increases Grenade recharge by 40%. Hitting an enemy with melee increases grenade damage by 45% for 10 seconds.
Was: Increases melee damage by 30% and electric effects by 30%. Performing a melee kill restores 20% shields.
Now: Increases melee damage by 40% and electric effects by 40%. Performing a melee hit restores 40% shields.
Increased base damage by 25%
Increased melee damage by 210% for 20s (was 110% for 20s)
Changed to On Hit increase melee damage by 235% for 10s (was 135% for 10s when freezing enemies).
Increased explosion damage.
Changed to On Hit and removed cooldown (was on igniting enemies).
Was: Upgraded Seeker Grenade: Splits into seeking submunitions. Ambusher's Fury: Defeating enemies from above grants 75% increased weapon damage for 20 seconds.
Now: Upgraded Seeker Grenade: Splits into seeking submunitions. Striker's Fury: Hitting enemies grants 60% increased weapon damage for 20 seconds.
Was: Upgraded Seeking Missile - Combo Effect: Impact. After defeating an enemy, regain 100% charge, can occur once every 7.5 seconds.
Now: Upgraded Seeking Missile - Combo Effect: Impact. Detonating a combo grants 100% charge.
Increased damaged of ice explosions
Amulet of Winter:
Increased to 30% damage for 20 seconds (was 20% for 20 seconds).
Mark of Clarity:
Increased to 40% armor restored with no cooldown (was 20% with 10 second cooldown).
Mark of Ruin
Was: Increases fire damage and fire effect. While blast seal recharges, focus seal damage increases by 40% for 20 seconds.
Now: Increases fire damage and fire effect. After applying a status effect, increases fire damage by 50% for 10 seconds.
Mark of Wrath:
Was: Increases gear damage and lowers gear recharge rate. While focus seal recharges, blast seal damage increases by 50% for 5 seconds.
Now: Increases gear damage and lowers gear recharge rate. Detonating a combo causes large electrical explosions.
Token of Daring
Was: Increases elemental damage and decreases physical damage. A shield break increases seal damage by 20% for 20 seconds.
Now: Increases elemental damage and decreases physical damage. On shield break, instantly recharge all gear.
Token of the Master:
Increased to 60% for 10 seconds (was 60% for 5 seconds).
Token of the Pupil
Increased to 60% for 10 seconds (was 60% for 5 seconds).
Tome of Precision
Was: Increases electric damage and electric effect. Sniper rifle weak point kills increase electric damage by 60% for 5 seconds.
Now: Increases electric damage and electric effect. Defeating an enemy increases elemental damage by 40% for 10 seconds.
Increased to 40% for 10 seconds (was 10% for 20 seconds).
Removed requirement of being above target, increased base damage by 25%.
Seal of the Open Mind
Removed requirement of being above target, now permanently has 2 charges.
Increased base damage by 50%. Changed from every 3rd hit to every 3rd consecutive hit.
Increased base number of charges and recharge rate.
Ten Thousand Suns
Was: Upgraded Burning Orb - Combo Effect: Chain. Striker's Wrath: After hitting an enemy, gain 5% increased damage for 5 seconds stacking to 20.
Now: Upgraded Burning Orb - Combo Effect: Chain. Striker's Wrath: After hitting an enemy, gain 10% increased damage for 10 seconds stacking to 10.
Changed to hitting an enemy freezes nearby creatures (was defeating an enemy). Note: Must sustain the beam on a single creature for the duration of the ability.
As part of our effort to improve inscription ease of use all inscription values now have the +/- value at the beginning of the state line rather than after any text. For example:
“Supply +X% Drop Rate” will now read as “+X% Supply Drop Rate”.
This has been applied to all inscriptions.
Ranger Basic Components:
Crossed Arms Basic Ranger component now increases blast damage by 35% and reduces impact damage by 15% (from 50% and 20%)
Thermal Regulator Basic Ranger component now increases fire damage and max heat capacity by 25% (was 20%).
Grenade Augment Basic Ranger component now increases grenade damage by 15% (was 5%).
Convergence Core Basic Ranger component now reduces blast damage by 15% (was 35%).
Grenadier Inscription Basic Ranger component now correctly reduces cooldown of Ranger Grenades and text is updated to reflect this.
Grenadier Inscription Basic Ranger component was reduced from 35% cooldown reduction to 30% cooldown reduction.
The Special Arms Ammo component now only affects heavy pistols and grenade launchers.
The Machine Pistol Ammo component now also affect autocannons and the name has been changed to Rapid Arms.
Previously added Universal Components with patch 1.0.3:
Symbiotic Surge: Increases javelin armor by a large amount. Increases all damage by 50% for 10 seconds when picking up a repair pack.
Softened Blows: Increases javelin shields by a large amount. Increases damage resistance by 75% for 5 seconds when shields run out.
Thermal Cooling: Increases the javelin's heat capacity to allow the javelin to fly more effectively. Reduces time you stay overheated significantly.
Rejuvenating Ammo: Increases reserve ammo for all equipped guns. Replenishes armor by 20% when picking up an ammo pack.
Emergency Power: An inscribed component that augments javelin Ultimate gear and increases damage. Ultimate meter refills instantly when armor is critically damaged. Can occur once every 120 seconds.
Added Brand New Universal Masterwork Components with patch 1.0.4:
***(***NOTE: These unique MW Components only drop in Grandmaster 1, 2 & 3 difficulty levels)
Bloodlust: An inscribed component that increases melee weapon damage. Increases melee damage by 75% for 10 seconds when killing an enemy by using melee.
Acid Slugs: Adds specialized storage for enhanced shotgun ammunition and increases damage. Hitting (7) shotgun shots in a single burst applies acid on the target.
Giant Slayer: Adds specialized storage for enhanced marksman rifle ammunition and increases damage. Increases weak point damage by 50% after a consecutive Marksman Rifle hit streak (5).
Focused Freeze: Adds specialized storage for enhanced Light Machine Gun ammunition and increases damage. On a consecutive LMG hit-streak (10), shots freeze the target.
Feedback Loop: Adds specialized storage for enhanced assault rifle ammunition and increases damage. Increases damage resistance by 50% for 10 seconds when firing the last shot in an assault rifle magazine.
Updated Interceptor Wraith Strike gear text to match new functionality: “Interceptor projects a ghost of itself that can warp up to X targets. Active Auras apply to all targets struck.”
Reduced the weapon reload times by speeding up the reload animations for the Colossus Heavy Weapons (Autocannons and Grenade Launchers).
Interceptor Melee can now execute multiple melee attacks with a single held input.
Interceptor can now detonate combos even if they have an aura currently active. This allows the Interceptor to detonate the combo to do extra combo damage without having to wait for the aura to expire. In addition, detonating a combo will refresh the duration of the currently active aura (regardless of the primer that is detonated on the creature). For example, if you have an Ice Aura active and you detonate a creature primed with Acid it will refresh the duration of your Ice Aura.
Increased the max stamina (thruster) meter for all Javelins by 20%.
Reduced the base overheat duration for all Javelins by 20%.
Fire Status effect on players no longer instantly overheats the Javelin but instead starts to quickly build up until overheating.
Added new audio for thrusters failing to ignite when frozen by an enemy creature .
Improved audio notification for when Javelin ultimate ability is ready.
Added the ability to enter hover underwater.
Patch 1.0.3 - March 9th
- Respawn restrictions have been removed - Respawn timers are now based on the activity a player is in. Crit-Path, Agent Missions and other non-end game missions now have a respawn timer of 10 seconds. Strongholds, Legendary Contracts, and other end game missions now have a respawn timer of 30 seconds. The respawn timer Freeplay remains unchanged.
- Loot Changes - Common (white) and Uncommon (green) drops will no longer appear for players that are level 30.
- Improved stability for all platforms - this includes fixes for a number of issues that were causing crashes or connection problems
- Audio Improvements - Fixed a number of issues that could cause audio to drop out
General Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed a number of issues that were blocking players from accessing the Forge
- All missions should now properly end when all conditions have been met
- The inbox now properly displays information on PC (the inbox is found in the newsfeed)
- Fixed an issue that would cause players to be unable to interact with NPCs in Fort Tarsis
- The vault is no longer accessible from the Forge. This change was made to improve performance
- Fixed an issue that would cause the game to hang when entering menus while on an expedition
- Titans will no longer respawn on missions after they are defeated. Example: if players defeat 2 out of 3 titans and then wipe on the third, the first two will not reappear when players respawn during a mission
- Server shutdown messages should now appear less often
- The ability to Quickplay into a Stronghold has been added back to the game
- Mouse button 4 is no longer bound to the back button for PC players
- Crashes that occurred while selecting certain conversation options when interacting with an NPC have been fixed
- Players should no longer get stuck at the end of the “Tomb of General Tarsis” mission
- Players should now run into less issues during Quickplay missions. Additional improvements to Quickplay will be coming in future updates
- Players should no longer get stuck behind fogwalls on missions or in strongholds as often
- Players should now receive credit for the “There Be Giants” challenge when they are downed and when the event is active
- Improved the audio when defeating creatures to provide better feedback
- Changed wording for server shutdown messaging to better indicate that it is just the players server shutting down, not the entire game server
- Players may now launch an expedition from anywhere within the launch bay and Fort Tarsis
- PS4 led lights will now change based on the javelin being used
- It should now be harder for players to get stun locked by certain enemy compositions
- The values on max flight time inscriptions have been increased
- The appearance of the N7 vinyl on Legion of Dawn armor has been improved
- Haluk will now properly face players during certain dialogue scenes
- The message “Open the Cortex to track the legionnaire Challenges” will no longer pop up after completing the appropriate challenges
- Fixed an issue that would cause players to get stuck at the entrance to the sewers in the Temple of the Scar Stronghold
- Titans: We have made several balance changes to all variations of Titans
- Reduced overall damage mitigation from 100% to between 70% and 75% depending on the damage type.
- Increased the time that weakpoints are exposed.
- Fixed an issue that prevented effects from applying and thus preventing combos.
- Increased the damage the Titan takes from weakpoint hits.
- Lesser Titan’s weakpoint’s have been changed to always be active.
- Improved the collision on the ring and seeking projectile attacks. This should make them easier to dodge.
- Decreased the radius of the seeking projectile attack.
- Decreased the damage done by the self-destruct ability.
- Frozen Scar Enforcers and Scrappers can no longer move or attack while frozen.
- The Monitor’s health has been greatly reduced in the Heart of Rage Stronghold.
- Players will be less likely to be repeatedly staggered by heavy attacks.
- Adjusted the force applied by some creature attacks down which will lower the frequency of player’s being staggered.
Damage and Item Scaling Changes
- Adjusted the damage scaling of secondary damage sources. These now scale with Average Item Power. This will allow these damage sources to better scale in the Grandmaster Difficulties. This will increase the scaling of the following:
- Melee Damage
- Combo Damage
- Ultimate Damage
- Status Effects
- Item Procs (e.g. Proc from Yvenia’s Thunder)
- Item Power scaling has changed to better reflect the actual power of the item based on its rarity. This is applied to all items retroactively. Players will see the Power of their items go up.
Gameplay Bug Fixes
- The Ultimate ability bar will no longer appear full at the start of a mission when it isn’t actually full
- Weapon recoil will now stop once an exo is looking straight up
- Fixed a number of animation issues that could occur when the Colossus was using its shield
- It should no longer be possible for the Interceptor to become Frozen while starting up their ultimate
- Interceptor Aura damage will now deal the correct type of damage based on the active aura
- Players can no longer equip abilities from one javelin to another
- The Colossus can now use gear faster after being attacked by a heavy hit from enemies
- The Colossus can now shield charge through destructible objects such as explosive canisters or harvest nodes
- The Colossus now recovers faster after crashing into walls
Item Balance Updates
- Increased the base health of Wind Wall and Bulwark Point to provide better scaling in higher difficulties. The duration of these has been reduced to 20 seconds, down from 60 seconds
- Burst Mortar’s damage has been increased to 300, up from 145 and its cooldown has been reduced to 6 seconds, down from 10 seconds. Its description has also been fixed
- Flak Cannon’s damage has been increased to 42, up from 30
- Battle Cry’s description has been updated to explain that it also reduces the resistances of affected targets
- Wraith Strike’s damage has been increased to 250, up from 200 and it will now apply elemental effect to targets based on the active aura
- Note: Description text for Wraith Strike will be updated in 1.0.4.
Item Bug Fixes
- Wind Wall should no longer block or interfere with other player abilities
- Ranger Grenadier Component will now correctly lower the cooldown of grenade abilities
- Fixed an issue where certain weapons were not firing where the crosshairs were aimed
- The Ice Blast ability for the Storm javelin now has the primer icon correctly displayed
Inscription Bug Fixes
- The Thruster Delay Recovery inscription is now correctly applying a bonus
- The Overheat Delay Recovery inscription is now correctly applying a bonus
- The Weapon Reload Bonus inscription is now correctly applying a bonus
Note: These will have non-updated text values until the next patch (1.0.4)
Masterwork Item Balance Updates
- Increased the base damage of the following Masterwork Weapons.
- Ralner’s Blaze
- Rolling Carnage
- Cycle of Pain
- The Last Stand
- Glorious Result
- Insult and Injury
- Sentinel Vengeance
- Gnosta’s Balm
- Vassa’s Surprise
- Soothing Touch
- Renewed Courage
- Artinia’s Gambit
Masterwork Item Bug Fixes
- Ralner’s Blaze - Will no longer roll with incorrect inscriptions
- Ablative Shielding now provides the proper boost in shield and armor
- Badge of Devastation will now generate more ultimate charge when triggered
- It should no longer be possible to stack the effect from Gunslinger’s Mark more than once
In addition to the above updates, we wanted to let you know of some other known issues that the team is working on fixing:
- When loading into the game for the first time after a patch the Shields and Armor on a javelin will be incorrect. The first time a player enters and exits Freeplay or any other activity the issue will fix itself.
- Players are not receiving their level 20 Match Consumables. Players were granted item blueprints instead of the recipes when they hit this level previously.
- Some players may experience audio crackling while in Fort Tarsis.
- There may be some instances where players are unable to quit out of a Quickplay mission through the map UI.
- A number challenges may not be tracking properly, such as the objectives under the “Legendary Freelancer” challenge.
- Some players may encounter a bug where they are unable to interact with any objects or players.
- Visual effects on javelin thrusters are not functioning properly while stormy weather is present in game.
- Inactivity messages may not be able to be dismissed after a player returns from being away.
- There are a number of Origin error messages that some PC players may encounter, including Origin showing that it is offline when it actually online.
- The UI may not display events for some players when an event has spawned nearby in Freeplay.
- There is a bug where armor pips can change in between activities. This is both a display and gameplay issue.
Patch 1.0.2.02 - Feb 23rd
Patch 1.0.2.01 - Feb 23rd
Day One patch 1.0.2 - Feb 21st
High level fixes
- Decreased loading times for older disk drives
- Fixed many infinite loading screens
- Fixed multiple challenges not tracking properly
- A number of issues have been fixed that were causing players to disconnect or crash
- Weapons and gear now have numbers present for modifiers
General Fixes and Improvements
- Loot Reveal and Expedition Summary now correctly play during the end of expedition screen.
- The gather party mechanic has been made more lenient in a number of situations
- At the end of expedition screen players will no longer get stuck on "Recording Victories" or "Skipping All".
- Game no longer hangs in Javelin menu when unlocking the second, third or fourth javelin
- During the mission “What Freelancers Do” dying after killing Junkmaw & freeing Arcanists leaves you unable to progress, this has been fixed
- Challenges now unlock for players at the correct levels
- Fixed some camera issues during cutscenes
- Legendary Contracts can now be accepted from the Social Hub contract board
- Some enemies have had their shield values decreased
- Loot now properly drops for players who are downed
- The texture quality on the NPC Prospero has been improved
- Final boss of strongholds now drop loot instead of only being shown on the end of expedition screen
- Fixed the time outs on echoes and relics to prevent griefing and to handle disconnections properly
- Players can no longer fall through the floor during the 3rd trial in the Fortress of Dawn
- Completing the tutorial expedition will now show the correct Ranger appearance
- After disconnecting, rejoining an expedition will now place you back into a squad if you were in one previously
- Corrected an issue where players could not interact with each other in the launch bay in certain circumstances
- Corrected an issue during the Mission "Bad Deal" where outlaws won't spawn, blocking progress
- The start of expedition screen has been improved
- Addressed a variety of situations where killing enemies does not properly progress world events
- Opening a chest now increments Tomb of the Legionnaire progress for all squad members present
- Scar snipers can no longer shoot through Storm Shield
- Corrected an issue where players would get stuck on the end of expedition screen in some situations
- Players will no longer get disconnected if joining the "Finding Old Friends" mission while the cinematic is playing
- Addressed a number of situations where players can get stuck on the environment in the launch bay
- Increased the damage of the electric status effect
- Corrected an issue where the Shield of Dawn could be crafted with less materials then intended in some situations
- The Platinum Mission feat now grants completion as intended
- Status effects can more reliably be applied to Titans
- Fixed loading animations on Marksmen Rifles
- Players can now access the Vault from the Forge
- Swimming into jellyfish underwater no longer leaves a visual effect stuck on players.
- Idle animations will no longer sync up over time in the Launch Bay
- Haluk is no longer dual-wielding canes in the epilogue scene
- Corrected an issue where players could not interact with each other in the launch bay in certain circumstances
- Fixed an issue that could cause players in the launch bay to have identical emotes and be unable to use them
- Interceptor melee ability animations will no longer stretch out in certain situations
- Corrected an issue where the default Ranger appearance doesn't preview in the forge in some situations
- All animations now play as intended in the Forge
- Players can now enter the Tomb of Gwanes while in a party
- The default Javelin wear state has been changed from "Dirty" to "Old"
- Sentinel Loyalty 2 text no longer incorrectly states that it will lead to a larger vault
- Picking up ammo from the ground now properly gives you 30% of that ammo back into both the current magazine and the maximum spare ammo
- Fixed a bug where some global (Javelin Icon) inscription bonuses were not being properly applied to the Javelin and other gear/weapons.
- Fixed some issues that could cause the Armor Pip count on the UI to break and not display properly
- Fixed an issue that would cause a Stronghold server crash after defeating the last boss
- Temple of Scar - Players can no longer get stuck in the mined tunnel in the explosives room
- Temple of Scar - Players can no longer be blocked from entering the explosives room due to fog wall
- Fixed Tyrant Mine so people that join the stronghold in-progress do not end up locked away from their team
- Adjusted lighting in Tyrant Mine underwater section to make it easier to navigate to the exit
- The Swarm Tyrant will no longer get stuck in the side cave entrances in some situations
- Corrected an issue where players would spawn into different areas of the Tyrant Mine in certain situations
- Implemented more safeguards to stop players from going AFK in Strongholds
- Only Masterwork items can now be used to progress Masterwork challenges as intended
- Corrected an issue where some Challenges track progress simultaneously instead of incrementally, as intended. (ex: Blast Missile I and then Blast Missile II instead of both incrementing at the same time
Gear and Weapons
- After having 1st pilot unlock suit after tutorials, creating a new pilot and going to forge no longer causes load screen hang
- Ice damage bonuses are now correctly applied on ice gear
- Suit-wide bonuses from inscription are now functioning properly
- Players can no longer salvage equipped items
- Javelin specific gear and/or weapons are no longer able to be used on javelins they aren't intended for
- Corrected an issue where in some circumstances Masterwork Components do not have any inscriptions
- The Endless Siege Masterwork Autocannon no longer displays a damage increase of 0% in its tooltip
- Suit-wide specific weapon ammo bonuses coming from infusions are now correctly applied
- A Network Error Message no longer appears when opening an item chest in the second tutorial
- Colossus shoulder gear will now share the appearance of the rest of the javelin as intended
- Deadeye has increased spare ammo 10 -> 20
- Cloudburst has had increased damage 16.3 -> 21
- Torrent has had increased damage 22.2 -> 28.6
- Lightning Strike’s pre-visualization will now accurately depict that the explosion snaps to the ground.
- (Ranger) Inferno Grenade base damage 130 -> 175
- (Interceptor) Cryo Glaive base damage 20 -> 50
- (Storm) Living Flame base damage 50 -> 60
- (Storm) Glacial Beam base damage 150 -> 120
- (Storm) Arc Burst secondary damage 100 -> 150
- (Ranger) Pulse Blast base damage 225 -> 300, and now deals extra damage to Shields (previously did extra damage to Armored).
- (Ranger) Blast Missile now properly scales up in damage as the item level increases
- (Interceptor) Melee attacks now have some minor resistance penetration
- Large Area of Effect abilities will better register multi-kill activities for challenges and medals
- Spark Dash functionality has been significantly improved when the target enemy is at a different height (above/below) the Interceptor.
- Several gear pieces that had missing primer or detonator icons have been fixed.
- Tempest Strike - Detonator Icon
- Spark Dash - Detonator Icon
- Venom Spray - Primer Icon
- Detonating Strike - Primer Icon
- Lightning Coil - Detonator Icon
- Shock Coil - Primer Icon
- Flamethrower - Primer Icon
- Several improvements have been made to ensure gear use on PC prioritizes turning the Javelin towards the reticle when used rather than casting in front of the Javelin's current direction.
- The Colossus javelin is now able to activate its shield more quickly after using an ability or firing a weapon
- The Storm javelin now reacts to getting hit when its shields are up
- Fixed an exploit that allowed the Storm's ultimate attack to be used more times than intended
- The Colossus exo can now shield and revive at the same time
- Interceptor Combo Aura has been increased in power and now has a damage over time component
- Ranger melee now has a cooldown when striking in the air
- The Target Beacon ability now correctly seeks targets
- Spark Dash and Venom Spray now target based on player cursor instead of character facing. This should also improve the travel path of Spark Dash.
- The Colossus will no longer be knocked out of the sky in some situations when the attack was blocked by their shield
Combos + Status Effects
- Combo indicator icons above creatures now are correctly removed when detonated.
- When a Storm detonates an electric status effect the chained electric effect now correctly deals damage.
- Combo damage now penetrates resistances
- Non-Masterwork materials purchased from the crafting store now show as their proper rarity instead of incorrectly showing as Masterwork
- A number of javelin components that had different icons for their recipes and the actual items are now the same
- The Battle Cry gear recipe now has the correct description
- Fixed Spark Beam gear having the wrong description when being crafted
- Crafting recipes are now sorted alphabetically
- The items in the crafting store are now sorted by type to be clearer
- Additional Mouse and Keyboard control improvements have been made
- Some conversations were not popping up the reputation points post conversation completion, this has been fixed
- The squad screen now displays the correct information for each player
- Fixed a number of issues where subtitles will no longer get stuck on the screen after dialogue has finished as often
- Settings should no longer reset upon exiting and restarting the game on Xbox One
- Motion blur can now correctly be turned off
- The Electric Status Effect now shows scaled damage properly
- An option has been added to hide the Squad Member HUD
- The edge of the compass will now pulse to indicate enemy locations
- A notification has been added in Fort Tarsis if a player's vault is at the cap of 250 items
- On the "Repair the Strider" step of "A Cry for Help" the search radar has been adjusted to correctly lead the player to all 4 tools
- Primer and Detonator icons have been added to all Interceptor gear
- Corrected a user interface issue where a player’s ultimate would show as available when it isn't
- Toggling the HDR option now properly prompts the Apply Changes button
- Player banners should now display correctly
- Camera shake slider has been added to settings menu
- Players may now track 10 challenges instead of 5
- An option to adjust screen boundaries on consoles has been added
- Changing a player banner through the banner menu now properly saves the selection
- Health, cooldowns, and key bindings now light up on supported keyboards
- Players will now receive more clear messaging when a squad is disbanded or are kicked from a squad
- Squad leaders will no longer always show as ready
- The icon for players in a downed state will no longer appear in cutscenes
- Cypher Annotations will now appear for more than one player if they are looking at it simultaneously
- Removed mentions of respawning on the player UI when they die in a restricted respawn area
- The Player Banner now updates immediately when updated from the squad screen
- Fixed a number of situations where a combo will trigger but no combo floating text appears
- Pressing esc to pass a notification screen no longer opens up the in-game menu
- Quick chat messages will no longer appear from an ignored player
- Removed a message from the mailbox which incorrectly stated that messages will be removed after 3 days
- A number of inscription icons have been updated to properly reflect whether they are Javelin specific or not
- Corrected an issue where players could not change loadout names on PC
- Players no longer need to exit and re-enter the forge for loadout names to update
- The on-screen VOIP indicator which shows a player speaking will no longer be active if that player is muted